Sunday, October 26, 2008


Starting School ( you can't escape it).

After a lot of vacation time, I had to go to school. My mom was maybe going to home school me, but her friend is a teacher at a charter school here in Hilo and they had a spot (just for me) and my mom said: I was so lucky!

Okay, I am not sure about that, because I really miss Gold trail and my class, but there was one really nice surprise about this school. Connection Community Charter School only has a four day week! Yep, thats right. Monday - Thursday! I don't know why, but I like that a lot.

The school is in an official historic building that also has an old movie theater in it ( movies are only $1.00) and has four floors that look out over Hilo bay. And although Hilo is not a big city, my school is considered urban because it is downtown. Which is another kind of cool thing because I can walk or ride my bike there from the house we are renting, which you guys know we can't do at home.

I guess it is not bad. My mom says its kind of hippie groovy. In the morning before school starts, we do this Hawaiian chant, then say something that says some stuff like... I pledge allegiance to the Planet Earth and all of life upon it... and then, an affirmation that says...I am a unique person, I am patient, understanding and smart....you get the idea right :) Then, finally, school starts, and really, it is about the same...except for the math. They do some European style of math and I am a learning how to do it.




No comments: